A Guide to Guilt Free, Sustainable Shopping 🧥
Join us this week with Julia Meadows, founder of A Curated Thrift, an online subscription company that delivers high quality, second hand clothing directly to your doorstep!
The Origin of “A Curated Thrift”
- Julia Meadows grew up thrifting clothing, so when she received her degree in fashion design, she quickly made the switch from fast fashion to sustainable clothing.
- Only 6 months after having her first child, she began her online business, A Curated Thrift!
What is “A Curated Thrift?”
- “A Curated Thrift” is an online based shopping experience that allows customers to receive one of a kind items tailored directly to them.
- By taking a short quiz on the website, you’re able to choose between 15 different styles, enter in your measurements, as well as what you’re comfortable wearing.
- There are three different subscriptions you can choose from, but regardless of what you pick, the items are completely personalized to you.
Why is this Important?
- The fashion industry is the 2nd largest polluter in the world. Fast fashion, in particular, is extremely detrimental to the earth.
- Americans throw away around 10.5 million tons of clothing each year. Thrifting is a great way to repurpose clothing that would’ve been thrown away otherwise.
- A Curated Thrift was designed specifically for moms who don’t have enough time to think about where their clothes are coming from and if it’s good for the environment or not; the subscription process is convenient and better for the environment than buying from large companies!