A Movement for Mom’s Mentality 💭
“We aren't meant to do life alone. ” - Danielle Hobson, Founder & CEO of A Timeout With Mom! This platform is a service marketplace for moms and their mental health providing access to professionals and a diverse community giving you the ability to share stories, bring awareness and connect with others!
85% of moms don’t think society understands or supports motherhood. Danielle realized this gap in industry, and a lack of support for herself as a mom during the not-so-glamorous moments of motherhood so she created A Timeout with Mom.
- Born from Danielle’s love of storytelling - she wanted to give people a safe space to share their own stories without judgement.
- Share, Learn, Connect & Grow - sharing stories is the foundation of making the world a better place, giving you the sense of belonging - know you're not alone!
- Everybody deserves the chance to access professional help - A Timeout with Mom provides easy and seamless help, meet their professionals!
A Timeout With Mom - Mental Health & Well-Being isnt Something that just “Happens”!
Wanting all moms to have the opportunity & access to help. This platform is creating conversations around shared stories, shared experiences, education, and access to professionals, all in one place.
- You don’t have to be a writer to submit a story! The site has an interview aspect that allows you to talk through experiences to form a story.
- Built from four values -
- Acceptance - Shared stories break down stigmas and make us feel less alone in a time when people feel more alone than ever.
- Belonging - Forums that create friendships built around shared experiences
- Education - Professionals sharing content on the specific needs unique to moms help us grow day by day
- Access - Find and book appointments with professionals like nutritionists, therapists, and doctors.
Changing the Conversation about Mental Health
Often a topic pushed aside and brushed off, A Timeout with Mom is breaking the surrounding stigma and celebrating authenticity.
- Take a few - Depression is twice as prevalent in women as in men & often as a mom you're left with no time and energy for yourself. With psychological resources depleted, It’s important to take the time to focus on you. Burnout is real, take five and:
- Find things you love doing or try something new
- Journal about your day
- Listen to a podcast or audiobook
- There’s a story in all of us - Parenting is hard, find stories on identity, loss, new beginnings & so much more.
- Through the best & worst parts of motherhood - Join the community to share and find stories by moms or join as a professional to help others!