How You Can Take Care of Your Skin In Pregnancy🧖♀️
Join our Q&A this week with Heather Mott, a Chemist & Skin Care Specialist, to identify what skin care products to use during pregnancy! While we know to always apply sunscreen, with pregnancy comes hormonal changes that can affect your skin in different ways & we’re here to help!
What Can I Do For Mild to Moderate Acne?
- For mild acne: look for products that contain salicylic acid- this will help exfoliate the skin & help alleviate any bacteria that may reside at the surface.
- Bionic polyhydroxy acid is great for sensitive skin! It is less invasive & helps with antiaging, moisturization, and contains antioxidants.
- For moderate acne look for products that contain benzoyl peroxide
- Avoid any retinol products while pregnant, consult your doctor for use after birth- apply to any dark spots to even skin pigmentation.
What Can I Do For Stretch Marks?
- Vitamin E is known as an antioxidant which helps reverse the effects of aging & promote skin regeneration
- Alpha Hydroxyacid works on a cellular level to increase collagen production
- Polyhydroxy Acid helps to lighten the appearance of stretch marks
What Can I Do For Hydration?
- Always make sure to drink plenty of water!!!
- Hyaluronic acid will help bind water to the skin for better moisture, wrinkle refinine, and added plumpess to the skin
What Can I Do For Varicose Veins?
- Increase Vitamin C intake, Vitamin C is known as a collagen booster & will help protect the skin from outside pollutants.
Where Can I Find These Products?
- You can check with your dermatologist, or book a virtual consult with one of our primary care providers to see what products are safe for you!