Join us today with Trish Weir, a labor and delivery nurse of 17 years to explain the five most important things to know before labor!
Over the past 17 years, Trish has developed a reputation for making laboring mamas feel empowered and confident — even if she’s not in the labor room with them. She has spent many years analyzing the literature & her own experiences in the labor room to prepare and educate mothers for a confident labor! Here are
- Remove fixed expectations: When women have trauma from previous birth experiences, it is sometimes hard to let go of that.
- Embrace the entropy: Labor rarely goes as planned, so getting comfortable with the potential paths that can unfold is extremely important!
- Prepare: Being educated on what’s happening to your body is important so you can make informed decisions during labor.
- Decide on a specific person (nurse, another mom, a doula, midwife), to ask questions when you’re beginning to feel uncertain.
- If you have a question or something in your body feels off, don't be afraid to talk to your provider about it. You are not meant to do this alone, and your body often knows best!
3. Stay at home as long as possible:
- Stick to intuition and stay at home until contractions are less than four minutes apart for at least two hours. This is key for environmental control and less interventions.
- At home you can dim the lights to boost melatonin, which will help make your pain threshold higher!
- As long as complications don’t occur, holding your baby for the first 1000 minutes of their lives is vital for their neurological and microbiome development.
- Skin contact, even with another family member, builds an immediate connection and gives your newborn a sense of safety after coming into the world.
- Allowing yourself to move around freely, such as using a yoga ball to help open your hips, will also prevent the need for additional interventions if you arrive to the hospital early and are confined to a bed.
- Your baby’s weight isn’t going to change within a matter of minutes, so it is okay to know that you’re allowed to ask for that first 1000 minutes with your baby and wait to bathe and weigh.
If you need help finding a birth advocate, or want access to the mindset challenge- check out Master your Childbirth Mindset, a five day interactive challenge that will change the way you view labor & birth!
To watch, visit our Youtube, and to listen, visit our podcast!
Join us with Daniel Buelhoff, father & founder of Storypod - a screenless interactive audio-play system that stimulates growing minds..
Use our code: NATURALNIP20 for 20% off the starter set & bundles!
What is Storypod?
- Storypod is an loT-enabled children’s platform bringing educational audio content to life for ages 0-9!
- It is a “Tactile and interactive podcast for children.”
- Kids can listen to audiobooks, play memory games, and even create self recordings!
Eliminating Screens for Kids!
- The Idea for Storypod was born out of the concerns of increasing screen use in daily life
- Keeping kids occupied for long periods of time can be challenging, and often parents use screens as a way of entertainment
- While screen time in moderation is okay for kids, tactile & interactive activities stimulate their growing brains even more.
- Storypod is extremely educational and more importantly, FUN!
A Crucial Time for Learning
- Ages 2-4 are some of the most important years for kids to be growing and learning.
- Their brains are like sponges! This generation of children are experts at using technology, so stimulating them with different activities in addition to digital games is very important.
To watch, visit our Youtube, and to listen, visit our Podcast!
A Safe Sleeping Solution with James Spencer, father and founder of Crescent Womb as we discuss the innovative safest solution to co-sleeping!
Use our code “NNL25” for $25 off your order + free shipping site wide!
A Solution Based Company
- When James was preparing for his daughter to be born, he was concerned about the many ways infants can be put at risk during the night.
- He decided to research ways to keep babies safe at night, and created Crescent Womb!
- The infant safety bed acts as a bed that is clipped into the baby’s crib, keeping them on their back which eliminates the risk of suffocation during the night.
Keeping Infants Safe
- More than 3,500 sleep-related infant deaths occur each year in the United States.
- Flat Head Syndrome is found in 47% of infants, and many are often undiagnosed.
- With Crescent Womb, many of these tragedies can be avoided and prevented- a completely breathable, CPSC compliant infant safety bed that promotes safe sleep for your baby and peace of mind for you!
An Honest Company
- At Crescent Womb, the patented Infant Safety Bed is created using only eco-friendly materials and an ergonomic design.
- The focus of Crescent Womb has always been the safety of new infants and the well being and piece of mind of parents.
- Most nights using the Infant Safety Bed, babies get 6 hours of sleep, benefitting the baby and the parents!
- Innovation- to address the issues of sleep safety
- Honest & Transparent
- Education- they believe all baby brands have a shared responsibility to educate the world on the importance of sleep safety
- Secure environment
- Easily accessible!
Join us today with Sylvia Kang, founder and CEO of Mira Care, the fertility tracker that connects to your phone!
Use our code: thenaturalnipple for $25 off your Mira Fertility Starter Kit
What is MiraFertility?
- After watching a close friend struggle to conceive her first child, she realized that many women go through this same negative experience.
- With the Mira Analyzer and the Mira app, you can get advanced information regarding your fertility based on your urine sample.
- The algorithm will provide accurate information about your fertility window, simplifying your journey to conception.
- Mira is not only for women looking to conceive; it is the easiest and most accurate way to eliminate the stress of contraception!
- When you know the exact days you are the most fertile, it is easier to avoid conception by using contraception.
- Fewer missed peaks - by measuring quantitatively, you will be able to understand your unique hormone baseline levels & how your hormone surges correlate to ovulation!
- Track key hormones- estrogen, progesterone, hCG & FSH
- Take control of irregular cycles
- Personalized ovulation prediction
How Mira Works!
- Step 1 - dip the test wand into urine for 10 seconds. (expect to test 10-20 times per cycle) This will depend on your body’s unique rhythm.
- Step 2 - insert the wand into the Mira Analyzer. Your fertility hormone concentration results will automatically sync with the Mira App after 16 minutes of analysis.
- Step 3 - Mira's advanced algorithm will provide highly accurate & personalized information about your fertility window.
Join us this week with Vernita Brown, founder and CEO of Natalist, where you can find every family planning resource necessary, all while leaving a zero plastic footprint on the earth!
What is Natalist?
- Natalist provides the best fertility products for women and men to aid the journey to conception!
- From vitamins and minerals, to lube and pregnancy tests, Natalist has every resource people need when trying to get pregnant.
A Mom's Journey
- When Vernita found out she was becoming a mom, she was very active and was participating in HIIT training.
- When she realized this activity was too strenuous for her changing body, she decided it would be best to take a step back and focus on her health, so she switched up her workout routine to a daily walk.
- In addition to changing her workout routine, Vernita attended birthing classes to prepare her for the experience she would soon have.
- Taking care of your body physically and mentally is the best thing you can do for yourself AND your baby!
The Zero Plastic Footprint
- Natalist recognizes the convenience and practicality of plastic, but the impacts it has on our planet are pretty detrimental.
- For every pound of plastic Natalist sells, they facilitate the removal of a pound of plastic pollution from the earth.
- Every purchase from Natalist is guilt free, leaving a net zero plastic footprint!
Join us this week with Krista Maas de Villiers, the founder and CEO of Nunona, Nutrition for Breastfeeding. We’ll discuss the importance of your diet during and after pregnancy to create better quality breastmilk!
Use our code: naturalnipple to receive 20% off your first order!
What is Nunona?
- Nunona was founded by Krista Maas de Villiers, a mom who wanted to find the solution to better quality breast milk!
- Nunona makes nutrition easy! These plant-based, nutrient-dense protein balls provide mamas with the energy they need to get through long days.
- Diet during and after pregnancy affects breast milk, so ensuring you’re nourishing your body sufficiently is SO important!
So Many Benefits!
- With ingredients like flaxseed, nut butters, and dates, Mama Balls reduce postprandial glycemic and insulinaemic responses.
- The Mama Balls are full of healthy fats that help you stay full longer, leading to better diet decisions!
- Nunona is helping improve the health of the next generation; not only do the Mama Balls benefit you, but your breastmilk will be the highest quality for your baby, as well!
Nunona is Meeting the Needs of the Modern Mom!
- The convenience of the “pill” like packaging makes it easy to incorporate more nutrients into your diet.
- Food is medicine! Focusing on nourishing your body with plant-based, whole food is just as important as daily medications!
- Mama Balls don’t require any prep, so you’re able to provide your body with healthy ingredients no matter where you are!